Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!

Brad, Connor, and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We got to spend it with my family in Orange County and it was a nice long weekend filled with wonderful family, yummy food, fun pics and flics, and cute babies.

Brad and I arrived in O.C. late Wednesday and the first thing we did after getting there was give baby Connor a bath because he had a major blow out - what better way to start the Thanksgiving weekend?! Early afternoon on Thursday, we ate a DELICIOUS homemade turkey dinner complete with rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing, veggies, cranberry sauce, and sparkling cider.


After we ate, we took family pictures at FloJo Park in Mission Viejo. It's much harder to get a good picture with 2 little babies, but I think we did pretty good!











After family pictures, a few of us watched State of Play with Russel Crow and Ben Affleck while the boys played XBox, and then some of us played Yahtzee and ate apple pie. Then on Friday, my parents and I went to see New Moon, the new Twilight movie (I'm reading the books too and I like the story - don't judge me :)) and the Smiths (Christine, Matt, and little Braden), some of our long time friends, came over to visit with Connor, Brad, and me (ok, just Connor, who are we kidding?).






On Saturday we went over to my sister Ady's in-laws' house in O.C. (the Castletons) for a BBQ and to watch the BYU vs. U of U football game. BYU won 26-23 in overtime!! GO COUGARS - RA RA, RA RA RA!!!

The Carver grandparents had a great time with their grandbabies this weekend:




And grandma Carver bought the babies their first Christmas outfits, so we had to take some pictures:




Connor and Jaxson are already best buds! They are so cute together!




We had a great weekend, and we're sad it went by so fast!

1 comment:

Whitmore Family said...

So cute! I am so sad that I wasn't able to come over :( Breaks seem to be so busy! I am glad you are your baby are doing well. I am so happy for you!