Thursday, July 15, 2010

El Segundo Farmer's Market

I absolutely love living in El Segundo. It is, by far, my favorite place Brad and I have lived (we've also lived in Provo, UT and Long Beach, CA - which is saying a lot because Long Beach is another really great city to live in). I won't get into all the reasons why I love it in this post, but I will share one.

My friend Becky and her son Kevin go walking with Connor and me every Thursday to the El Segundo Farmer's Market on Main Street. Even if I don't buy any of the delicious produce, it's so fun to walk around and enjoy the free samples of fruit. When we went on Thursday, July 8 the city was hosting Environmental Awareness groups with booths set up. One of the vendors there was the Aquarium of the Pacific with a trailer containing tanks of fish, lobsters, star fish, sea urchins, and sea anemones, most of which they let us touch! Connor had a fun time playing in the water and he was intrigued by the different textures of the urchins, anemones, and star fish. It was a fun afternoon! Thanks for going with us Becky and Kevin, and thank you El Segundo!



No comments: