Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

Our date night this year was last Friday. Brad's parents offered to watch Connor for us while we went to Joe Morley's BBQ in Midvale (the sugar-back ribs are to die for) and then kept up our annual tradition of getting Love Potion 31 ice cream from Baskin Robins. It's always nice to have a date night alone with Brad. They are so rare these days.

Today my sister Claire and her family (Sterling and Jaxson) came over to play for a little while. They are in town for Claire's birthday until Wednesday. Connor is loving playing with his cousin again.

Tonight when Brad came home from work, I was greeted with a sweet Valentine's kiss. We were interrupted at our feet with "up" (Connor's new favorite word). Sigh. We laughed. Brad picked him up and put his other arm around me. Connor laughed, stiff armed me and pushed me away. Thanks, Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Son. It's a joke to him. He doesn't like me to hug Brad when he is hugging Brad.

I love my two boys.

I hope you all had a fun Valentine's Day filled with hugs and smooches!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha well i guess he knows what he wants! lol that's cute! Happy late valentines day to you too!

Meleah Ekstrand said...

Wow can I relate! I thought little boys were supposed to love their moms! Emmett is so obsessed with Neal! I have a feeling when Emmett can learn to push me away he will, so I feel for you.