Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My turn next!

For what you might ask? Well, it's my turn to be a mommy! I'M PREGNANT!!

Brad and I found out on Valentine's Day (the most romantic day of the year) that we will become 3 in October of this year! October 21 to be exact. We are very excited for our own little bundle of joy, but it's still a little startling to think that we will be responsible for a little one soon. We have so much to read, ponder, and prepare ourselves for, and it's only 6 months away! We could use all the advice you have, and be prepared for us to ask you all tons of questions. I'm sort of in that panic phase (it's right after the uber-excitement phase) where I realize I have no idea what I'm doing...

Our first ultrasound was at 9.5 weeks (Jelly Bean is 1 inch long):


We started calling the baby Jelly Bean, for obvious reasons, and even though Jelly Bean doesn't look like a jelly bean anymore, the nickname has stuck. This is what Jelly Bean looked like at 12.5 weeks (2.5 inches long):


As of today (Wednesday) I am exactly 13 weeks and Jelly Bean is almost 3 inches long! The time is flying by and Jelly Bean has already grown so much in only 3 short weeks. Life truly is a miracle. We won't find out if the baby is a boy or girl for another 5 weeks. We will keep you posted!

Also, I recently found out that I have 3 other friends who are also due in October! Chelise in El Segundo Ward, Julia in Texas, and Aubrey in Huntington Beach. What fun! Now it's a race to the finish! :) Can't wait for all the fun play dates in October!

19 comments:

korth fam said...

I was waiting for it to hit the blog! I do have to say you are great at keeping a secret, you've known since Valentine's day?! I must have seen you like a gazillion times between then and now. We are happy for you two!

Raini said...

CONGRATS! That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you both and you will be just fine as parents. Congrats again!

Heidi said...

Yeah! I am thrilled to hear that you are going to be parents. That little baby is so blessed to come to such a great home. Congratulations!

ashcraft8 said...

Congrats on your wonderful news!!!!! We ared so happy for you two.

katherine said...

Yaaaaay, I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see the little guy/gal!

Karene said...

Wahoo! Congratulations, you guys! This is so exciting!

Julia said...

Holy Crap that is so awesome! Congrats! You'll be an awesome mom and feel free to ask us anything! We are SOOOOOO excited for you!

Tiersha said...

I am so happy for you. You are going to be such a great mom (and I am not just saying that)!!!!

Dani said...

Congratulations. I was thinking that this is what the email was all about! You are going to love it.

Chelise said...

YEY!! I think you are so good at keeping such an exciting secret for so long! I am so excited I am for you guys...and you know I coudl talk about the subject for HOURS, so we are going to have to talk! Especially cause I am due only a couple weeks ahead of you on the 5th! Let's hang out with our big jelly bean bellies!!!

Chelise

Amber said...

I'm so glad you're finally out with it :) You sat in front of us at church about 5 weeks ago, and you were looking so green and so tired that I decided right then I was sure you were pregnant. Many congratulations!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you!! I know how long you have been waiting for this day!! You will be a wonderful parents - so take a deep breath! How are you feeling? Any morning sickness? I'm thrilled to hear the news, so keep on posting!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe how close we are on our due dates and everything! Tommorrow I will be 13 weeks as well...and we got our first ultrasound/appointment on 9.5 weeks as well!! Too funny! You have a cute little jelly bean! We have a gummy bear :) So excited for you guys! We will have the best play dates ever!!! We are so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Way to go you guys. As I look at the ultasound, I see the similarity to Danielle-LOL. As for the photo at the bottom, Danielle, were you ever on Cheers.

Liese said...

O yay! sooooo exciting! yay for jelly bean! :)

The Four on Board said...

ok sooo i know a place where you can get the sex of the baby anytime after 13 weeks. I waited until 15 weeks and so did most of my friends...and they were SPOT on with the gender! let me know if you want to go! its actually REALLY fun!

Trisha said...

So exciting! Congrats, being a mom is so fun.

Unknown said...

Awesome, awesome! I don't think we will be venturing down that road quite yet, but I am so happy for you guys! Whoo hoo!

Meleah Ekstrand said...

Danielle,
I am so happy for you. I know that you will be great mother.