Monday, May 4, 2009

Little Tiny Kicks

I felt Jelly Bean kick for the first time today! Just a few minutes ago, actually.

Truthfully, I felt the baby move for the first time on Friday morning while I was laying in bed. I would roll over onto my side and feel a lump move from one side to the other - usually away from the bed, causing my belly to be unnaturally lopsided (against gravity) and hard in spots. But it just felt like a moving lump - no distinguishable kicks. And then today I felt about 5 small random thumps in my tummy in the same spot. I poked back and Jelly Bean kicked again, but I think he/she is already tired of that game as I can't get him/her to do it again.

But it's so exciting!! I have been waiting for this for a few weeks now and it's exciting that I can finally feel him/her. I will be 16 weeks on Wednesday. 4 months gone already!!!

We find out if Jelly Bean is a boy or girl in 2 weeks. I'm thinking it's a girl, but we'll just have to wait and see. :)

4 comments:

Liese said...

Yay! So excited for you!

Heidi said...

That is the most amazing thing...the first time you feel the baby. Wait until Brad can feel the baby. It was so much fun to see Nate get so excited and I am sure Brad will be the same.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so exciting!! Man, that gets me all excited! I havent' felt the baby yet, but after hearing that you are feeling him/her I wonder if soon I can feel our baby too! Can't wait to see you this weekend! It will sure be a lot of fun! Are you getting big yet?

Brittny said...

Congrats! I think that is one of the best feelings in the world!