Tuesday, May 19, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!

Brad and I went to my 17.5 week ultrasound on Friday (May 15) during lunch time to find out the sex of our baby. IT'S A BOY! Brad couldn't be happier (he was smiling ear to ear and does so whenever asked what we are having) and, of course, I'm happy too. Although I totally thought it was a girl, I have always been split 50/50 on what I wanted the baby to be. I'm very excited to finally know!

It was QUITE obvious on the ultrasound that we are having a boy (I will spare you the picture for modesty's sake). We were all (the doctor included) kind of giggling about it and my doctor said to us, "You know, nothing is 100%, but if I'm wrong on this one I'll do all your babysitting for free." It was quite humorous.

We got some great pictures of our baby boy, including a great 3D image of his face that I just have to share. The 3D imaging isn't perfect so he still looks a little lumpy in the picture (and besides, he's only 4.5 months along), but it is my favorite thing in the whole world. Jelly Bean is almost 18 weeks now, and he is 5 inches long and 0.5 lbs. Who do you think Jelly Bean looks like? :)


We don't yet have a name for our little guy, but I guess we have a few more months to figure it out. It's interesting, now that I know what we are having, I feel all in a frenzy to get everything set up. There's so much to do and only 5 short months to do it in!!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Yay, congratulations!! I think having boys first is the best, but of course I'm biased :) After finding out our second was a boy as well, Damon grinned and said, "I do good work!" It's a boy thing I guess.

The Castletons said...

YAY so exciting!

ps: I think your baby looks like gollum :)tehe. but dont worry, he'll get cuter!

Heidi said...

Little baby boy! I am so happy for you and Brad.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is too funny since you were so certain it was a girl! Congrats though, boys are fun!! I can't wait until we find out!

Unknown said...

aaaahhh yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable baby for a great couple. But I want to know why Lynda and I don't show up as your preferred friends-LOL?