Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fun For Both of Us

I realize my blog has been about nothing but babies and jelly beans since we announced our happy news, but I just can't help my excitement over the latest fun thing to happen.

I have been feeling baby move for the last couple weeks now. At first I felt him only about once a day, now it's every couple hours. I noticed today that Jelly Bean is starting to kick pretty hard and while working away at my computer with my elbows at my side, I felt the strongest kick yet. The point, you ask?? I could feel it on my arm (not just in my tummy), which means Jelly Bean's kicks can now be felt from the outside of my tummy!

Even better than that (but along those same lines), Brad got to feel the baby's kicks for the first time today!! Jelly Bean did very well and kicked for daddy several times when he placed his hand on my tummy. I have been so excited for Brad to be able to feel baby, and now he can. I just love being pregnant (except for the sickness, exhaustion, aches, pains, and the constant need to pee :) ). It is so amazing to feel our baby kick and move and grow.

In other news, this Memorial Day weekend was a blast. Brad and I (and my entire family in OC) went to Utah for several days to see 2 cousins get married and my new nephew get blessed. We also got to visit with Brad's family for a couple of days, which is always a good time. Pictures will follow soon...

While hanging out with my cousins this weekend, a few of us put our heads together to help Brad and me come up with a names for Jelly Bean. Thomas Rex Jeppson and Trent Rex Jeppson were two suggestions (Thomas, Rex, and Trent are all names of relatives). If we named Jelly Bean either of these, we could call him T-Rex! What little boy wouldn't love that?! Another suggestion was Rex Bradford Jeppson, in which case we could call him R&B. While I love these suggestions, I think we will keep looking. :)

Name suggestions are always welcome... :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so fun! I still don't think I have felt the baby yet, though I am not complaining since I hear once it starts it won't stop! Including nights...which = less sleep than I am already getting. So I'm not complaining :) But that is really exciting for you guys!

Tiersha said...

Rex is such a sweet name. Very original.

Cameron said...

Congrats Ford and Danielle. I discovered your blog on timmy's and thought I should write. Way to have a Boy, I guess that means Haley and I should get going.

Julia said...

Ok have you picked a name yet? I haven't seen anything new on here for awhile, how about a baby bump pic :) miss you guys!

christi.higham said...

Is it your anniversary today? Happy anniversary! How is being pregnant going?

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.