Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!


Yesterday was a great day. It was a day to honor all the wonderful dads and other men in our lives that have helped raise us or our children.

Sunday night was our family Father's Day celebration for Braddy. I made Brad's favorite dinner (sour cream enchiladas) and then we opened presents. Connor gave him coconut M&Ms and a new orange tie, and I gave him a 12 month XBox Live subscription. He got cards from both of us too - Connor even wrote in (and sucked on) his - I translated. Connor just loves his dad. He looks at him with such adoration, it makes me a little jealous. Dads just have that special bond with their kids that no one else can ever have. I love to see Connor and Brad together.




So to Bradford: thank you for being a wonderful dad - you are Connor's chew toy, playmate, masseuse, entertainer, walker, rescuer (when mom is going crazy :) ), and comforter. And thank goodness Connor has your good looks. Connor knows how much you love him and he definitely loves you. I love you too. Happy Father's Day!






This is one of my favorites of Brad and Connor together.Connor definitely has some big shoes to fill.


And to my dad: you have taught me so many invaluable life lessons. I have been fortunate to follow in your footsteps and now I have a career as a civil engineer. I am happy to have so many fun memories of us fishing, camping, playing softball, and partying (harder than normal) when mom was away. You truly are "the father who knows everything", Master Woodworker, and Norm's biggest fan. Connor and Jaxson are so lucky to have you as their grandpa. I can only hope your generosity, good looks, and sense of humor rub off on them too. Thank you for being my dad and Connor's grandpa. Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you!




Connor has so many wonderful grandpa's and great grandpa's. So to all of you who are wonderful examples for my son to follow, thank you. We love you all! Happy Father's Day!




2 comments:

Amber said...

Tell Brad to enjoy the adoration now. Give Connor another year and he will be a complete mama's boy!! Then when he can talk he'll tell Brad how you work the hardest and how he wants to marry you and that you are so talented because you cook better than anyone else's mommy (even when it's just boxed mac and cheese). Trust me, having boys is awesome for the mommy ego! It just takes about 18 months to set in :)

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

I LOVE this picture of poppa tom. I have never seen it before. Thanks for posting !
It was great to hang out with you in Utah!! xoxoxoo