Monday, June 21, 2010

On Target, GNO

Whilst Brad and I were in OC a couple weekends ago for Father's Day, it was also my brother-in-law Jono's birthday. So after we all ate dinner at the Crab Cooker in Newport, we drove to On Target in Laguna Niguel for some good old-fashion target practice. It was my first time ever shooting a gun (with the exception of a BB gun at my grandpa's cabin, but I don't think those count as real guns). I shot my dad's .22 mm rifle first - felt a lot like the BB gun. Then I shot my brother-in-law Sterling's .9 mm. Holy cow! See for yourself:







We all did great shooting the bad guy and not the hostage, but he became so shot up that we couldn't tell where our new shots were! So we started aiming for her, poor girl. She was just the innocent by-stander.

Not a bad grouping for by first time shooting a gun in general, let alone the .9 mm!

I shoot to kill.



**************************************************


Friday, June 11 my mom, sisters, and I went for a girls night out. We first ate dinner at Bistango which is located on the first floor of my mom's office building. 3 of the 4 of us got their special - clam chowder soup, fillet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus, and a slice of cheesecake - and Claire got a Caesar salad. Because my mom knows the owner we got treated with two complimentary desserts, moulton lava cake and creme brulee - so delicious. Fat and happy, we all headed over to the Orange County Performing Arts Center (OCPAC) to see the Lion King. It was spectacular!! I love spending time with these lovely ladies. Let's do it again girls!





No comments: