Friday, December 19, 2008

Only six days 'til Christmas!!

So I hope you have all your shopping done! We certainly don't...

I love Christmas time. I love the decorated trees and houses, the lights, the endless yummy food, the sweaters and scarves, the celebrations, the music, and especially the spirit. I love the feeling of charity that seems to blossom in everyone around this time of year.

Although our Christmas decorations are sparse, the few we do have I absolutely love. Most of them are new to us this year.


This nativity is hand-carved and from Egypt! This thoughtful gift was given to us by Brad's cousin and his wife (Jake and Brook). It is beautiful and the real wood smells wonderful. It is our first nativity and we adore it! Thanks Jake and Brook!



This one is my favorite. It is also hand made - by my dad! His new hobby is wood working and he made me this Christmas advent calendar for this year from wood 2x4's. With every day in December that passes, you pull out a brick and Santa falls a little farther down the chimney. On Christmas Eve you pull out brick #24 and he falls into the chimney! Isn't that adorable?! I just love it! Thanks Daddy!



This is our starless little Christmas tree. Yes, it's real! We got it for $25 dollars at a Christmas Tree lot where we got my parents' big tree. It only stands about 3 feet tall so we put it on the end table in our front room. It's so cute and perfect for our small apartment. I can't wait to open all the presents!

A yummy Christmas tradition in the Carver household is making Christmas cookies for our friends and neighbors!




Sammy was "helping"... the flour shows up really well on black fur!

I also had my work holiday party earlier this month at the Embassy Suites Hotel in El Segundo.


This is all the upper management in my department at Hyperion. From left to right: Eddie Ohanian - the Assistant Division Engineer over the Design Group; Ken Redd - The Environmental Engineering Division Head (he's LDS and the one who recruited me at BYU. I actually worked with his daughter Stephanie (who's now on a mission in Chicago) in the MathLab at BYU); me :); Mike Sarullo - the Assistant Division Engineer over the Project Mangagment Group (my group); Rick Mayer - my boss and Project Manager in the Project Management Group; and Tim Haug - Deputy City Engineer (#2 guy in the whole city Bureau of Engineering).



These are most of the people I work with (minus a couple and plus the white guy with the beard - where did he come from?).





Christmas time is so fun, I almost don't want Christmas Day to come! Cuz then it's over, time to pack everything up and wait a long year until Christmas next year. Why can't it just be Chrismas time all year 'round - like in Whoville?!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Awesome Danielle! Not only do you fit in beautifully amongst senior management, you also make gingerbread houses and crochet beanies! How talented can one woman be? Love the blog!

Anne said...

Okay That chimney countdown thing your dad made is the cutest thing ever! And I love your nativity set! It's good to get caught up with you! Add us to your blog roll. anneandmattjonesfamily.blogpsot.com!

Amber said...

Your dad should market the Santa down the chimney thing. Before you said he made it for you, I was planning to ask where you got one because I was thinking I just had to have one. Think he'd make me one? I'd be a paying customer!

LeeElle said...

Danielle...you found my blog and now I've found yours, how fun! I love that nativity. And I'm with Amber next year your dad should join you at the craft fair, I'd totally buy one.