Thursday, February 5, 2009

Christmas and New Years

So, I know it's February, but...

Christmas was fun. Brad and I spent Christmas this year with the Carver family in Orange County. It was a fun-filled weekend of opening presents, eating lots of yummy food, and enjoying the company of my family. It was a short Christmas "break" (wish I still had those from work like I did in school) as I had to work on Christmas Eve, but I did manage to get the Friday after Christmas off. Brad got the entire 2 weeks between Christmas and New Year's Day off due to the "Boeing Shutdown" during the holiday season.

Brad was very thoughtful for Christmas this year. He got me a couple of crocheting books to indulge me in my new hobby (one of them was "Crocheting for Baby," which will hopefully be my second hobby soon :) ), a book - Tales of Beatle the Bard (we are big Harry Potter fans), and a knitting loom for more crocheting/knitting fun. I got Brad the edited version of the movie Gladiator, a video game (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed), and both Man from Snowy River dvds - a couple of his childhood favorites.



Brad's attempt at not getting his picture taken (that's why he's holding the movies so far away from him :).




This is a book Mom gave Dad for Christmas. It is a memory book of our golden retriever, Maguire, who passed away in July of last year. We were all crying on Christmas. We all really miss him. This was the sweetest present any of us received for Christmas this year. Thanks Mommy.



This is the cover I made for Mom for her new bread machine from Dad. Her last one broke because of sun damage so this should help protect it a little.




Mom made the cutest baby blanker for Claire for the baby! It was so soft!




Even the kitties got in on the fun!



My brother-in-law, Sterling, was given four foam dart guns for Christmas from his parents. Those provided several hours of 007 fun!







Making scones Christmas morning.



New Year's Eve was fun as well! We rang in the New Year with Brad's cousin and his wife that live in the apartment below us (Jake and Brook). We had a fun-filled night full of DDR, chicken salad sandwiches, movies, and sparkling cider!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! Even if it is a month late... :)

1 comment:

Karene said...

If only you could have reported on a fun-filled New Year's Eve at our house instead...but then, nice that you don't have to report that you got the stomach flu from us. :)