Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

For past Valentine's days, Brad and I have never felt inclined to make too huge of a deal about the day or to spend gobs of money. A typical V-day for us is a nice date (not unlike the other dates we go on throughout the year) and maybe a small gift if we really get into it. This Valentine's day was similar, but there was just something about the day this year that was different than past years. We decided this year (and I think we will make this a tradition) that instead of getting presents for each other for Valentine's Day, we would instead do something really nice for the other that we maybe wouldn't do normally. I made Brad breakfast in bed this morning, and, after cooking a wonderful and delicious meal together tonight for dinner (that involved dirtying many dishes), Brad cleaned the entire kitchen as his something nice for me. It was great! We both enjoyed doing this because we put as much thought into the "nice thing" as we would have for buying a gift, so we felt just as loved. And since we are saving for a house and eventually a family, we thought this idea even more exquisite. The nice thing Brad did for me tonight (which was super nice as I really didn't feel like cleaning up after dinner) made me think of all the nice things Brad does for me every other day of the year...

I got to thinking how blessed I have been and how grateful I am to have such a wonderful husband who loves me and actually wants to do nice things for me. Now, I will spare you (most of) the mushy stuff, but I surely wanted it to be known (mostly by my husband) that I really love him. It has been a quick 3 and a half years, and I am looking forward to many more great years still to come. I am so excited to discover what we have in store in our future together.

Happy Valentine's Day, Love!


This is what love looks like. :)



This is the yummy dinner we cooked together for our special Valentine's Day. We grilled baby back ribs, made sour cream potatoes (our favorite), bought my favorite salad from Costco, and drank Pomegranate Cherry Crystal Light. For dessert we had Love Potion #31 ice cream from Baskin Robbins (think vanilla ice cream with white chocolate and rasberry swirls with dark chocolate hearts filled with rasberry filling). It was all delicious!

2 comments:

Amber said...

You two are so cute! Nice dinner too.

Anonymous said...

Thats a really good idea instead of giving gifts!! We will have to start doing that... :)