Sunday, March 15, 2009

Random

So since nothing really exciting has been happening lately, I thought I would post some of the random things we have done in the last couple weeks.

This week I got to decorate shamrock sugar cookies with my Mia Maid girls for our class activity for St. Patrick's day next week. It was a blast and the cookies were delicious! We took the cookies we decorated to the Beehive and Laurel class girls to tell them how much we love them. Then the girls took some cookies home to give to their parents in light of our YW lesson from last Sunday - Honoring our Parents. Here are some of the finished cookies. We made about 3 dozen total, but only 2 dozen made it out the door. :)



And I think this is really cute. We have a squirrel that lives on the grounds at our apartment complex. Brad and I call him Squirrel Man - no, I don't know why. He lives mostly outside the complex in a little garden area with lots of bushes and tall palm trees, and he spends all his time gathering nuts and burying them in the dirt where no one will find them. When he runs out of nuts out there, he climbs up the palm trees outside the complex, jumps onto the roof of our building, runs down the stairs right in front of our unit, and proceeds to gather the nuts that have fallen from the trees in the court yard in our complex. Since we live on the top floor, we frequently hear the pitter-patter of his little feet and the clatter-rolling of a nut across our ceiling. Several times we have seen him on our stairs enjoying a tasty nut or two. Most of the time, he startles me because I don't expect a big hairy creature to be sitting right in the middle of the stairs at 7 a.m. as I'm walking down, leaving for work. Brad and I really enjoy watching (and hearing) him work. Here is the best picture I have of him. Every time we see him and I go to grab my camera, he's already gone. Here he is by the stairs that lead from the roof top over our unit into the central court yard of our complex:




A couple weeks ago, we got a letter written in big 2nd grader hand-writing from Brad's cousin Quinn. Also included in the letter was Flat Stanley. Flat Stanley was flattened by his falling bulletin board and was so flat he could be mailed to different parts of the world. Quinn mailed Flat Stanley to us and asked if we would take him to see parts of Southern California where we live for his 2nd grade class project. So we took Flat Stanley to see:

the planes fly right over your head at LAX!



the sailboats in Marina Del Rey!



and the beautiful sunset at Dockweiler State Beach in Playa Del Rey!



We had so much fun!! We mailed all these pictures and some treats for Quinn and his class with Flat Stanley back to Quinn in Utah. He loved it!

3 comments:

korth fam said...

Random posts are sometimes the best! That picture with the airplane straight over your head is Amazing!!! I think flat stanley has seen more of so cal then me...

Julia said...

Fun! That is one lucky flat stanley!

The Four on Board said...

you guys are adorable!!!