Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fun and Games

I wrote about Connor's play date at our house a couple weeks ago. Here are some of Connor's friends in the ward. Duncan (middle) and Bentley (right).


These boys haven't been back to our house again, but we have played with them a few times at the Library's story time. I LOVE story time! Connor likes the stories and seeing all the other kids there. After story time they get to do some free crafts and/or coloring. Connor will color for about 5 minutes before he's bored with it. At yesterday's story time they read stories about bunnies and then brought in a real bunny for the kids to pet at the end. Way fun! And FREE!



In an effort to find more things to do around us in West Haven (we are kind of out in the middle of nowhere), we have started the tradition of Taco Tuesday at Del Taco in our house! You can't beat 3 beef tacos for $1. Brad gets soft, I get crunchy, we bring them home and put our own sour cream and Del Taco mild sauce on them. Delicious. One of our new favorite traditions. And you just can't beat dinner for $3 or $4.

Now, I have a confession. Sort of a guilty pleasure. Brad has had his XBox 360 for a while. One of his favorite games is Call of Duty. He plays all the time online with his brother Brandon who lives in Orem. I actually think it's a great way for them to stay in touch - they have fun together, and Brad has never gone overboard like some guys you hear about skipping work or meals, missing sleep, never going outside. He usually only plays for an hour or 2 at a time, and only when Connor is sleeping. That's our deal (because I'm not fond of Connor seeing all that blood and gore, although it's not even as bad as some movies I've seen). Anyway, I'm a little embarrassed to say, I've been hooked! I've watched Brad play for so many hours, and I finally picked up a control and Brad taught me how to play. Now we play together a lot (with Brandon too). I'm getting pretty good! (Should I be proud of that?? Well, I am. :) ) We also play with some other members of our family - cousins, brothers-in-law, etc. It's actually really fun! Phew! Glad I got that off my chest...

Brad is allowed to finish his last game when Connor wakes up and Connor likes "playing" with dad for the last couple minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh that's a cute father son picture! Glad you like to play, I still won't let Jared get any type of game like that, I don't like all the gore, so I guess Brad is lucky to have a "nice" wife lol :)

The Castletons said...

That last picture is way cute! At least Brad will smile normal with Connor :)