Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hair cut

When we lived in California, I never had to worry about cutting Connor's hair. Claire always did it for me. And she's good. Really good.

But now I have to do it. I cut Connor's hair myself for the first time a couple weeks ago. I put it off as long as I could stand. It didn't turn out too bad (although I did notice later that I missed a few strands) but the process was slightly more traumatizing. For both of us.

I just used clippers on the 1/2 inch and 1 inch settings. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, I ended up chasing Connor around the bathroom shaving off 1 tuft at a time until the job was reasonably done.

Before:


The carnage:

After.

His hair is already getting long again. Another hair cut is still s few weeks out, but I'm not looking forward to doing this again.

2 comments:

E.F.G. said...

that sounds scary. i just got my haircut and left wishing i lived closer to claire, too. i rarely leave loving my trims but always fondly remember when claire cut/colored my hair when i was out for your wedding. how long ago was that!?

glad you and connor survived. i guess it's a little easier when you get just clip it back!

Anonymous said...

oh gosh that gave me a chuckle! Sounds like when I am trying to DO Addie's hair. I finally learned that giving her a little basket of "goodies" I never let her play with keeps her occupied enough to get the job done. I'm such a great mom, there's all sorts of medicine bottles in there for her to shake (yes the medicine is still inside) and all sorts of nail clippers, small toys etc. I repeat, this isn't the best idea, but it works!