Monday, March 7, 2011

Christmas in March.

A few months ago when I posted about our San Francisco/Sacramento trip, I said I lost our camera after that trip in November. There was a 16 GB card in it that hadn't been unloaded since I put the card in the camera in early September. I was sick about all the pictures I had lost of friends visiting us, Connor's 1 year birthday, our San Fran/Sac trip, and so much more. Sick. Thanks to family and friends that took many great pictures at some of the major events, like Connor's birthday. I would have been even more devastated had we not had any pictures at all!

I am SO happy to say, our camera was found a couple weeks ago! Somehow it ended up hiding in my dad's car somewhere. The car wash guys found it and left it on the seat as they vacuumed out my dad's car one Saturday. We had already replaced the camera at Christmas time (that was Brad's present to me since I was so upset about losing it) but we found the old and were able to return the new 4 days before the return period was up. Hooray!!

So now I get to use that money for a new Christmas present. Christmas in March.

And what I love even more are the pictures and videos we recovered. Here are a few gems that I thought were lost forever.

Who doesn't love the GQ pose? With the thumb in mouth, makes it classic. Baby-chic.

Connor's first hair cut. Bye-bye soft, wispy, baby hair!

I thought I was going to be one of those moms, right on top of taking a picture of Connor every month next to same object for the first year of his life to chart his growth. Well, I'm not. So, instead, I decided it would be fun to take a picture of Connor next to Brad on each of his birthdays to see his growth in comparison to his giant-dad. That's manageable.

Connor "talking" on my cell phone while watching Nate Berkus on TV. He holds the phone at his ear now.

Always a classic.

Our sunset at San Pedro Rock on our San Fran trip. These colors are not enhanced. This is really what it looked like. Stunning.

Our family under the Golden Gate. No internet pic could ever replace this.

With our good friends at the Capitol Building in Sacramento. Again, no internet pic could ever replace this.

Thank goodness for honest car wash men. I could kiss them.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Yeah! Connor is adorable.

LeeElle said...

so happy you found it, now if only my lost camera would be so kind to show up. I love the idea of documenting connor next to brad-I'm going to be a copy cat, sadly, cohen will be missing his 1st year picture, oh well.

Brad and Danielle said...

LeeElle, I bet if you look back at your pictures, you might be able to find one that's close enough to his 1st birthday that will do.

Our boys are getting so big...

jlbunting.com said...

I'm so glad you found your camera. I would be so sad to lose those precious pictures. It's good to hear from you on your blog again. I was wondering what you were up to. It's so hard to imagine the snow that everyone keeps getting. We are having a very rainy/windy night tonight, I guess that's what winter is for me now.