Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Connor's Swimming Lessons

I signed Connor up for swimming lessons this summer at the North Shore Aquatic Center in North Ogden.  With all of our vacations this summer, the only time slot that was open before I had Baby #2 was the last 2 weeks before my due date.  So his classes were 10-10:30 a.m, Monday-Thursday, June 18-28.  I figured I might miss the last few classes if Baby #2 came early (we did end up missing the last one because I was induced on June 28).

Connor did awesome and is getting much more comfortable being in the water.  He learned to do the swimming motion (big monster arms) and kicks, blow bubbles with his mouth, and close his mouth and hum under water (forces air out your nose).  He even went completely under water a couple times while humming - and didn't cry afterward!  That was a big step for him - he doesn't even like bath water on his face.  It was a fun 2 weeks to get to spend with just him before the baby came.

Other swim-mates and instructor during roll call.

Cute little fish.

The lazy river.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like a really fun pool.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Karen ^ I want to go swimming there!!!! :)