Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Water Balloons

One of Connor's favorite activities this summer has been playing with water balloons.  We have done it so much, it deserves its own post.

We did a last-day-of-school water balloon party on May 25 with lots of friends from our ward (even though Connor isn't in school yet, a bunch of his friends that we meet at the park every week are).



After all the kids threw water balloons, we had a "pick up party" and made a contest of who could pick up the most balloon pieces.  The top 3 winners got $1 and everyone else got a quarter or 2.  Best idea ever.

Look at the piles of balloon pieces!


We invited our friends across the street (Stacey, Lincoln, Jackson, and Teyla) over a several times to throw water balloons with us.






I also did a really fun activity with my Young Women.  We did a service scavenger hunt.  Each task on the list I gave them was assigned a point value from 1-5 points (easier tasks like washing a window or taking out the trash were 1 point, harder tasks like scrubbing a toilet or vacuuming a room were 5 points), and the girls had to go to ward members' houses that were in need of service.  There were 12 Beehives, I challenged them to get 75 points total and if they did there were 500 water balloons waiting for them at my house that I filled earlier that day.  The girls did awesome and earned 92 points!  The girls had a blast and were really nice to let Connor throw balloons with them.  I love summer!  (If any of you serve in YW and want my service list, let me know, I'll send it to you.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good ideas and great reminder! I totally forgot I have a ton of water balloons that I net Addie and dallin would love throwing!! Thanks for the reminder!!!