Monday, February 20, 2012

Carvers Visit UT/Reeve & Carver Family Reunions - September 2011

We had a great big double family reunion (Carvers and Reeves) in UT on Sept. 3-10, so we had another week packed full of fun.

My whole family drove up from CA, my Uncle Mike flew in from Hawaii, my grandparents drove down from Rexburg, ID, and my Aunt Chris and her family are already in UT in American Fork. We all got together for a Carver Family dinner on Sept. 3 at our house and I didn't get many pictures so I'm glad my Aunt Chris did (thanks Aunt Chris!). A couple days later, we met at Pioneer Park in Salt Lake for a picnic and playtime for the little boys.

I love this picture of my dad with his 2 grandsons.

The 3 great grand kids on the Carver side. That's my cousin Alex in the middle with his son Craig.

Uncle Mike, Aunt Chris, Dad, Grandpa & Grandma in the front.

It may appear I only take pictures of Jaxson and Connor when they are together, but it is more difficult to get pictures of them apart! These boys are ALWAYS together when they get the chance. They really love playing together. (I have dozens more just like these.)






Play time with Uncle Brad.


Later that week my family and my grandparents drove back up to Rexburg for a couple days. We went to Bear World and the splash pad that Brad, Connor and I went to a few weeks before (so I didn't take many pictures this time around), and it was just as much fun the second time.



Down time at my grandparents' house.


TV in our hotel the first night.

Stories the second night.

On one of the last days my family was here, we did a huge Reeve reunion (my mom's side). It was (almost) all the posterity of Arthur Henry Reeve and Mary Amelia Cropper, who are my great grandparents. It was so awesome and a very spiritual experience to have all their children (my Papa Tom and his siblings), their children's children (my mom, my aunts and uncles, and extended cousins), their children's children's children (me, my sisters, my cousins, and extended 3rd generation), and their children's children's children's children (Connor and Jaxson, and extended 4th generation) all together in one room. I know that's a little confusing, but I wanted to paint the picture. Many of them I had never met or hadn't seen in a very long time. We are all the result of one couple, and it was fun to hear all our different stories and where we are in life. It's really astounding the impact 2 people can have on the world. My mom's cousin, Rex Reeve, did a presentation on the Reeve Family history - so cool - and then we ate a big potluck lunch.






I think my family left the next day for CA. What a great trip! Can't wait until they visit again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE all the updates! You are back again!!! :) family reunions are very neat, to think that so much can happen from 2 people who married, is astounding. Happy anniversary!!!