Sunday, February 19, 2012

Visiting Carver Grandparents in Rexburg, ID - July 2011

The weekend after Jackson Hole with the Jeppsons, we drove back up to Idaho to visit my grandparents in Rexburg, ID on July 22-23. The drive from our house was only 3 hours and it's nice to be so close to visit them more often now. It was also Brad's birthday weekend (July 22) and it was fun to get away for a couple days.

We stayed at their house in Rexburg and it was fun to see Connor play with toys my dad used to play with when he was little. Connor really loves my grandparents, especially since they always have M&Ms and pistachios on hand. (The kid won't eat a hot dog, but he'll shell and eat pistachios. I know, weird.)

My grandparents took us to Bear World and it was AWESOME! If you've never been and you find yourself in Idaho, it's totally worth the trip. It's officially a part of Yellowstone National Park, but it's located in Rexburg off Hwy 20. We saw elk, deer, bison, mountain goats, a moose, 50 bears, 3 wolves and a bunch of other animals in a petting zoo in the park that are all rescues. The best part was riding on the feeding truck where you get to throw food to the bears and deer, and the staff tell you all the cool stories and facts about the bears and other animals. Again, totally worth the trip!!

Albino elk.




This one got REALLY close to the car.

Arctic wolf.

The bears definitely knew what that feeding truck meant. They were ready and waiting.

Connor got the biggest kick out of feeding the bears.


Connor also really loved feeding the ducks.




That day we also visited a splash pad in Rexburg, but I didn't get any pictures of that because my camera battery died after Bear World.

The next day we saw the new Rexburg, ID temple and we drove around BYU Idaho for a few minutes.

Standing in front of the new Convetion Center on campus.

We had a great time visiting my grandparents and we are looking forward to going back again soon!

1 comment:

Karen said...

What an awesome trip! Looks like a lot of fun. I love BYU-Idaho. I went there for my first two years. Such a wonderful place.