Wednesday, January 19, 2011

December was busy. Don't believe me??

Early Carver Christmas
Since Christmas Day this year was the Jeppsons', my family did ours early. So December 12 we all gathered at my parents' house for the Carver Family Christmas.


We played with the new toys for the rest of the day - warm clothes and beanies, legos, books, adorable rain boots, movies, candy, etc. etc. Thanks everyone for the gifts!

Disneyland
As soon as we knew we were moving to Utah, I was determined to go to Disneyland as much as possible. Connor and I went 3-4 times each week with our friends and family. We love Disneyland.

Small World is spectacular at Christmas time.
Connor snuggling with Auntie Ady.
Silhouette of the Smiths (Matt, Christine, and Braden).
Our friends LeeElle, Cohen, LeeElle's sister Kerilynn, and her son Jaxson (spelled just like my nephew!).

Moving
After our early Christmas weekend, we headed back home to El Segundo Monday morning for the final few days. Box hunting, packing, taping, marking, pushing, pulling, organizing, cleaning, loading, sweating, and finally driving away Wednesday morning. Fortunately, we had a lot of help. Brad's mom and sister flew down Monday morning, Brad's dad flew down Tuesday night, and some ward and work friends came to help as well. Thank you everyone! WE COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU!

Wednesday, Dec. 15 Brad headed north with his family, one of our cars, and the moving van. Connor and I (and our second car) headed south to be with my family for another week.

Our El Segundo home. That is (was) our window.

Reunions (and more Disneyland)
I'm glad I got an extra week with my family and they got an extra week with us (ahem, Connor). Jaxson and Connor had fun together and we went to Disneyland 3 times more.

Breakfast and Sesame Street.

That weekend, December 17-19, was our Reeve (Mom's side) Cousin Reunion. Dinner at my parents' house, white elephant gift exchange, Disneyland 2 days in a row, and eating at Club 33. Christmas trips to Disneyland is a tradition we've had since we were little.

It POURED the entire time we were there. From the very beginning, we were all sloshing in our shoes. But it wasn't enough to keep us away. We still had fun, even if it was the most miserable fun we've ever had. :)
I held Connor like this the ENTIRE DAY. If I put him in his umbrella stroller, he got soaked. He actually stayed pretty dry. I didn't. 8 hours of this and my back was killing me.
DesiRee, LaRisse, me, Ady.
The rain relented for 1 hour while we ate lunch. That was nice.
Tower of Terror. Top right corner.
Splash.
Club 33.
Tram ride to the car. Ready to go home. Done being soaking wet.

Goodbyes
The following Monday (Dec. 20) my El Segundo friends took me out to the Melting Pot. Goodbyes are so sad. I really miss these girls.

(Clockwise from left) Karen, Laura, Tanya, me, LeeElle, Amy Jo, Ginger.
Connor and Cohen in matching jammies. (Thanks John for watching them.) Connor really misses his friends too.
Christine, Braden, and Diana (Christine's mom). We miss them too.

Jeppson Christmas
December 22nd - Connor and I flew to Utah. (We left our car in CA for New Year's.)
December 23rd - Made gingerbread houses with Jeppson girls.
December 24th - Big Jeppson family dinner/party which included karaoke, lots of family, and the flu virus. Also opened Christmas presents with immediate Jeppson family.
December 25th - Merry Christmas!! Big Gotberg family dinner/party with white elephant gift exchange. I didn't go because I caught the flu from the night before (also lost 5 pounds that day). Lucky me. Brad and I opened our gifts to each other. He got me a new camera (to replace our lost one), and I got him a Dewalt cordless drill.
December 26th-27th - Relaxing and still recovering from the flu. (Brenda also got it these days.)
December 28th - Fly home to California for New Year's.

My handy work.
Being devoured a few days later.
Total destruction.

New Year's
Brad, Connor, and I flew back to California on Dec. 28 to spend New Year's with my family (we already bought these tickets to spend Christmas in Utah before we knew we were moving, so this was our "home" ticket). We drove back to Utah Sunday, Dec. 2.

Lots of time with grandparents.
The park.

The Getty.

Driving "home" to Utah
We left my parents' house at 2 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 2. We wanted Connor to sleep as long as possible before we had to stop and let him out. Well worth it - we made it all the way past Vegas to Mesquite where we ate breakfast and walked around a grocery store for an hour. We only had to stop once more in Nephi and then we made it all the way to Brad's parents' house in South Jordan. THAT is the way to travel with a 1 year old!

Our gorgeous sunrise as we passed Las Vegas.
In the state of Utah.
The blessed sight in the back seat for 80% of the trip.

We are finally here and past all the holiday craziness. Utah doesn't quite feel like home yet, but give it a few weeks. We will be starting our house hunting soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow....that was a pretty crazy post, I can't believe how crazy the real events were! Glad you got to go and enjoy Disneyland before leaving...we still miss that place. I can't beleive you guys actaully stuck it out and did it all when it was pouring! Those couple of days when we came down to go there and it was misting all day long were MISERABLE, i can't believe you guys actually did it when you had nice warm homes waiting for you lol :) But I totally understand how you wanted to make the most out of it. You are so lucky Connor slept most of the entire time driving to Utah...how wonderful! Glad you got there safe and that you had fun 2 Christmases :)